In Asia and the Middle East, paste made from the henna plant has been used for centuries to make beautiful temporary tattoos. Make it at home following these easy steps.
You Will Need
* Finely sifted henna powder
* A plastic bowl and spoon
* 2 tbsp. unrefined sugar or honey
* A bottle of lemon juice
* A friend
* Plastic wrap
* A triangular piece of cellophane or Mylar, or a squeeze bottle
* A toothpick or straight pin
* Cotton balls
* A butter knife or other blunt object
* Ready-made henna paste
* Lavender, eucalyptus, or tea tree essential oil
* Design stencils
* Toilet paper
Mix powder and sugar
Henna stains. Protect clothes and other surfaces.
Add lemon juice
If using ready-made paste, check for a date.
Let paste rest
Make and fill applicator
Use a toothpick or pin to fix mistakes and clear the applicator.
Apply juice and sugar
Let the paste stain your skin
Reveal the stain
Fact: According to traditional beliefs, the darker a bride's henna stain is, the stronger the marriage will be.